Kara M. Addelman
Kara handles all aspects of litigated matters, from pre-suit discovery through post-trial appeals, in both New York State and Federal Courts. She concentrates her practice in professional liability, medical and dental malpractice defense, municipal and police liability, sports and recreation law, and personal injury. She represents individuals, professionals, local and national businesses, hospitals, and municipalities. Kara frequently handles appeals and complex motions in high exposure matters. She also counsels clients regarding strategies to limit future exposure.
Kara is serving as President of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter and is also on the State Board of Directors. She has previously served as and Officer and Chair of several committees of WBASNY, WNY. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Erie County, Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, and the Buffalo Law School Alumni Association.
Kara enjoys giving back to the community. She has provided pro bono representation for indigent clients in a variety of matters. She has served as a mentor for a college student through the Buffalo Urban League and Buffalo Renaissance Foundation, and for a high school student through the Williamsville Public Schools.
A native of Western New York, Kara received her B.A., summa cum laude, from the State University of New York at Buffalo. Kara went on to earn her J.D. from the University at Buffalo Law School in 2008. While attending law school, she was a Note and Comment Editor for the Buffalo Law Review. In addition, she spent a semester studying international law in Australia and New Zealand.
- J.D., University at Buffalo Law School, 2008
- Buffalo Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- B.A., Psychology and Art History, summa cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2004
- The Daily Record, Top Women in Law 2018
- Named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013
- Instructor, Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy Police Supervision School, 2017
- Speaker, Western New York Breast Feeding Coalition, 2015
- Speaker, Ski Areas of New York Conference, 2013
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- UB Law School Alumni Association
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York