Our New, Old Home
In 2011, KSLN moved its Buffalo office into The Calumet Building – one of the city’s most recognizable architectural gems.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Calumet was erected in 1906, and is known for its Art Nouveau style and glazed terra cotta façade, which is one of only a few of its kind in the United States.
During the renovation, we made every effort to balance the reuse and preservation of original components of the building, while making strides to modernize our new space. These efforts were heralded by Preservation Buffalo Niagara as an exemplary restoration project.
Today, as you walk through the office, you will see:
- Character-defining elements of the exterior returned to their original appearance
- Historic windows reconstructed
- Interior finishes restored to match the period’s significance
- Energy-efficient lighting that is both functional and environmentally responsible
- A commitment to a paperless environment
We invite you to come visit us in our Buffalo office, and let us show you why we are so proud of our home.