Kelly L. Odorisi
Kelly L. Odorisi
PRACTICE AREASMORE +
Kelly L. Odorisi
Kelly is passionate about singing and music. She enjoys working out (she has completed sprint triathlons and a 1/2 marathon), loves to write and is attempting to become fluent in Spanish. Her life truly revolves around her two teenage children and their crazy rescue dog, Tate.INFO +
Ms. Odorisi focuses her practice in estate and elder law planning and the representation of corporate fiduciaries in the formal and informal settlement of complex trusts throughout New York State. She also represents individual and corporate fiduciaries in the estate administration process and in contested estate and trust matters.
For the past four years, Ms. Odorisi was the principal of the Law Office of Kelly Odorisi, P.C. in Rochester, New York. She formerly was a partner at Underberg & Kessler LLP and chair of the Estates and Trust Practice Group. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Odorisi was the Director of Public Information at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois for almost seven years where she was responsible for the creation of the law school’s publications and handled media relations. Her public relations experience adds a layer to her effectiveness as an attorney, enabling her to communicate clearly both to clients and the community.
She has served as a volunteer in various community and professional groups, including the Committee to Revitalize Downtown East Rochester. She was vice president of the Board of Advisors of the American Cancer Society and served as chair of its Canvas for a Cure fundraiser in 2004. Ms. Odorisi served on the Cancer Society’s Steering Committee for the capital campaign and revitalization of Hope Lodge and as a Legislative Ambassador. She served on the board of Step by Step of Rochester, Inc. and was a member of the Rochester Women’s Network where she served on the marketing committee for the Network’s 30th Anniversary Gala. She also participated in a local “Lean In” group with high profile women in the Rochester community. Ms. Odorisi has been a frequent lecturer for CLE programs New York State Bar Association and Monroe County Bar Association covering estate and trust planning and administration topics.
Ms. Odorisi has co-authored a CLE program, Candid Talk-Women at the Bar, designed to educate and encourage women as they pursue legal careers and lectures on the topic across the country. The inaugural program in Indianapolis was featured in Indiana Lawyer.
- B.S., Business/Marketing, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana (member of the Sigma Kappa sorority)
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois (member and staff editor of The John Marshall Law Review and federal judicial intern for the Honorable Blanche M. Manning, U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois)
- Estate Planning Council of Rochester, New York (former president and board member)
- Monroe County Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Section and Elder Law Committee (former member of the Trusts and Estates Council)
- New York State Bar Association – Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Section Member
- Rochester Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award
- Martindale Hubbell AV rating
- New York State “Super Lawyer” from 2015 through 2018
- New York State
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York