Jesse B. Baldwin
Jesse B. Baldwin handles litigated matters for individuals, business, and municipalities from commencement through trial. Jesse has tried dozens of cases in New York State and Federal courts, including many high exposure matters. He also represents professionals in licensure investigations, credentialing disputes, and other administrative proceedings.
Prior to joining KSLN, Jesse was a partner in the malpractice and professional liability department of one of Buffalo’s largest law firms, and has handled hundreds of cases in this field. Continuing this focus at KSLN, Jesse defends medical and dental professionals, healthcare organizations, hospitals, engineers, attorneys, and other professionals. He has also handled general negligence and specialty litigation matters for some of the largest self-insured retailers in the nation, as well as insured matters for local companies and organizations.
With substantial experience in police and other municipal litigation, Jesse is certified as a General Topics Instructor by the New York State Municipal Police Training Council, and regularly presents on police liability and risk management at the Erie County Police Academy. Utilizing this expertise, he regularly advises and defends municipalities and other public entities facing municipal liability claims.
Jesse is active in the Western New York community and serves on the board of trustees of several not for profit organizations, and has been designated a Super Lawyer for the past two years, and a Rising Star for several years before that, by Super Lawyers Magazine. He is the father of three children.
- B.A., cum laude, SUNY Geneseo 2001
- J.D., cum laude, University at Buffalo Law School 2004
- Buffalo Law Review Note and Comment Editor
- Buffalo Moot Court Board
- Named a Super Lawyer in 2017 and 2018 and Rising Star in 2013 – 2015 by Super Lawyers magazine
- Certified as a General Topics Instructor by the New York State Municipal Police Training Council
- Instructor, Erie County Police Academy
- Presenter, National Ski Areas Association Conference, 2013
- Frequent speaker on health care liability and risk management strategies
- Community Connections of New York, Secretary and Member of Board of Directors
- Nickel City Innovations, Inc., Secretary and Member of Board of Directors
- Nickel City Foundation, Trustee
- UB Law Alumni GOLD Group, Past President
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.