Henry A. Zomerfeld
Henry A. Zomerfeld
PRACTICE AREASMORE +
Henry A. Zomerfeld
Henry enjoys cooking, salt water fishing, and mentoring. He is learning to play guitar and counts Eric Clapton as his biggest influence. Henry coached the Buffalo State College Mock Trial team from 2011 to 2015.INFO +
Mr. Zomerfeld joined Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak in 2015 as an associate in the Insurance Defense and Commercial Litigation practice groups. He has since expanded his practice into the Business and Corporate, and Toxic Tort and Environmental Practice Groups.
The diversity of Mr. Zomerfeld’s practice exposes him to a variety of unique matters that help him expand his knowledge of the law, which in turn helps better advise our clients, serve their needs, and zealously represent them in all facets of litigation. Mr. Zomerfeld is committed to fierce and effective advocacy, strong client relationships, and consistent results. He works diligently and strategically to achieve successful outcomes for our clients, which he frequently obtains through implementing practical and creative solutions.
Mr. Zomerfeld’s representative cases include complex multiparty litigation, collections and asset recovery, contract, construction defect, corporate formation, foreclosure, Labor Law, products liability, and toxic tort matters.
In addition, Mr. Zomerfeld is heavily involved with KSLN’s pro bono initiative, working alongside the Volunteer Lawyers Project to provide pro bono legal representation to those who could not afford it otherwise.
Prior to joining KSLN, Mr. Zomerfeld worked as an associate for a property tax litigation firm in Buffalo, New York, where he handled all aspects of each client’s file. This included extensive motion practice, attending property tax valuation hearings, and helping to provide tax savings and refunds for many of his clients.
He also served as an intern in the Erie County Bar Association in the Aid to Indigent Prisoners’ Society, assisting attorneys handling criminal cases on a pro bono basis. Mr. Zomerfeld also served as a court-appointed referee on multiple occasions for the New York State Supreme Court.
Mr. Zomerfeld is originally from Brooklyn, New York. In 2011, he earned his undergraduate degree from Buffalo State College with a major in Political Science and a minor in Legal Studies. He earned his law degree at SUNY Buffalo Law School. During law school, Mr. Zomerfeld worked in the University at Buffalo Office of Judicial Affairs as a Hearing Representative, successfully adjudicating a number of cases for violators of the university’s code of conduct.
- B.A., cum laude, Buffalo State College, Buffalo, New York
- J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Coauthored “I am sorry! Please forgive me! Vacating a Default Judgment in Instances Where Counsel was Inadvertently not Timely Assigned,”The Defendant, Defense Association of New York, Inc., Spring 2017.
- Member, Order of Barristers Honor Society, 2014-present
- Recipient of multiple Jessup International Moot Court Awards, 2014
- Champion, Desmond Moot Court Competition, 2013
- Recipient, Robert J. Connelly Excellence in Trial Advocacy Award, 2013
- Coauthored “African American Churches and the Same-Sex Marriage Battle: Why Not at the Front Lines, ” 2012
- Recipient, Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities, 2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Association of New York
- Buffalo Claims Association
- Member, Board of Directors, SUNY Buffalo Law School Graduates of the Last Decade Group
- Buffalo State Newman Center
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- New York State
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York